Getting Back in the Black

Feb 7, 2008

Save money where you can - Cable

Freemoneyfinance.com has a great post up about several of its users spending a little time to save money from Comcast and DirecTV.

  • Not only will I save $360 this year...
  • So basically I "saved" $390 for about a hour of my time...

I had a similar experience last month. Comcast wanted to raise our bill from $55 (after tax) to about $80. I tried calling their customer service center but didnt really get any offers I wanted. So the next day I took the box into the local office and asked them to cancel. Within 10 minutes I had a very nice woman offer me their intro package for $30 a month for a year, including free HD and free DVR service. Taking 20 minutes out of my day actually saved me over $500 a year!

Does anyone else have any similar experiences?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home